Thursday 13 October 2011

Maya Exercise 3.0

In this week’s lesson of Maya we were shown how to use lighting and its effect on our work. We used one of the pieces that Simon made previously to all work on. I used the tutorial to follow after watching Simon show how it’s done so I can follow along at my own pace to go back and double check things to make sure I learn it properly.
I had a good time doing this it was fun, I got this much easier than doing the other exercises through the previous weeks but I know I need to master them because I wouldn’t have any work to do any lighting to if I didn’t.





The reason why I have lines going through my final rendered shot is because of the image I used, I didn’t use the one that Simon gave us all I used a different one. And because of the lighting in that image it kind of played around with the lighting effect on the model, I needed to adjust on some of the settings.

1 comment:

  1. This is really nice post, Nick - your workflow 'unpacked' - 'unpacking' your workflow and using your blog to very clearly evidence your engagement - both technically and creatively is a big part of what we do here, and this is very encouraging - and it's nice to hear that you're enjoying yourself a bit more. Trust me - in time, the whole Maya thing will become increasingly addictive!

    ReplyDelete