Thursday 20 October 2011

Unit 1: Anatomy - Final Piece Stages

Here are the stages that I went through within the last days off creating my final piece through Adobe Photoshop. I started off by creating the silhouette of my hybrid on a mid-grey background just so I can get a base so I can work the tone into it piece by piece as you can see through each stage.

Stage 1

 
Stage 2

I had the light source in the top left corner to be able to tone my final piece as well as make a good contrast between the black and white. I added in a coral reef on the bottom right side of the piece because the way I wanted the hybrid to be positioned in front of it and near it so it can hide if need be. The pose and emotion that I put the hybrid in was nervous and kind of shamed pose with the feeling of depression and loneliness for the feeling of my hybrid being a freak and does not feel proud and accepted for what has happened.

Stage 3


Stage 4

Stage 4 is a stage where I was stuck between straight dorsal spines and wavy dorsal spines, they are located on the back off the hybrid starting from the head, down to the bottom of the spine. I decided to go along with the straight ones in the end to add more of a feature of the broad barred Firefish within this hybrid.
Stage 5

I then started to colour the hybrid by using the overlay tool for I had toned the hybrid there was no need to worry about worrying about the opacity of the pen for it would already do it with the tone. I did the same with the background and the coral reef on different layers to complete my final piece which I am proud off and had such a good time creating it. I look forward to push my skills even further and progress further within this year.

Final Stage


1 comment:

  1. Hi Nick thought I just have a quick look and see what you have been up to.

    I really like how you have incoporated the hands and back spines, The lips work but not sure on the face, it just feels odd that it looks more human than the rest of the creature

    However well done for making it through unit 1 hope you have enjoyed the experiences so far you can breathe a sigh of relief .... until monday, hope all goes well in the crit!

    ReplyDelete